Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pieces of Heaven

Today has been long. We've been at the computers for nearly 12 hours now working on production and my mind has been wandering back and forth between images I am editting and images I just can't get out of my mind. Like this one:


Seriously... couldn't you just bite into these little pieces of heaven right about now? That dark chocolate coating, the rich ganache middle.. Really, truffles make any workday go well, right? For some reason we got to talking about these truffles earlier and I just can't seem to shake them now. I even have the image on the desktop at my workstation right now.

Alas, it is not to be tonight... there's some slightly old Trader Joe's chocolate in the cabinet, but nothing that compares to these beauties. This picture is from a shoot we did a few months back for an Owings Mills candy-maker named Emily. I can vividly taste the Banana Cream Dream truffle ... Nathaniel preferred... well, all of them. He's a bigger chocolate eater than me!

Sigh. And by the way, if you want to try them, Emily is a great lady. Her company is Truffles by Emily. We both are huge fans. I may soon need to call her and get a box delivered. If I last long enough for business hours to start up again!

~ Rissa

No comments: