Saturday, July 12, 2008

Smiling

Nathaniel has been in Tennessee for the better part of this week visiting family & friends. Which left me alone, but far from lonely. Our assistants and clients have been coming and going. There have been shoots and production to work on, of course.

And when Nathaniel leaves, I always have his garden. This time of year, it's almost like every flower is smiling up and me as I walk out for the mail or into the backyard. He even has flowers that bloom in moonlight! And of course, they are full of the love with which Nathaniel tends them with: strong, healthy, vibrant, lush.

Just before he left he cut enough flowers to fill up ~ no kidding ~ 14 vases and place them all around the house. Gladiolas, black-eyed susans, even peach colored roses greeted me at every turn. (I truly hope all women are this spoiled by their husbands!)

I was out in the garden earlier drinking my usual green tea and saw this not-so-usual stunner of a flower. I have to admit, I don't know what variety or type of flower this is. But I loved it.

When I looked at it, I saw Nathaniel.

I can't wait to pick him up at the airport today!

~ Rissa

No comments: